Thursday, July 16, 2009

Happy 58th Birthday Robert!

February 12 was Robert's 58th birthday. We celebrated at his mother's since she was ill and in bed. The day before, I told her that I had a secret I needed her to help me with. She was pretty good at keeping the secret from him. The next day, I brought balloons and a cake over before Robert got there.
He acted surprised, even though I am pretty sure he knew what was going on.
What a good sport.






I got him a singing card. His mom got a kick out of that.




As her gift to him, I got 58 shiny new pennies and put them in a little container and tied it with a bow. She always liked to give coins to her kids and grandkids for their birthdays.
She was pretty tickled.




Because of the oxygen, we could not light the candles, so I cut flames out of some orange ribbon and taped them to the candles.




Couldn't help including this picture of Kody.
My baby is all grown up!






1 comment:

Kylen and Adrienne said...

Yay! I'm so glad to see the new posts! Ky will love them. Reading about Grandma again got me a little teary but in a happy way. Thanks for sharing those pics.